Welcome to Vinayaka Mission's Annapoorana College of Nursing
As an outcome of the missionary spirit, dedication and vision that "Service to humanity is service to God", the Thirumuruga Kirupananda Variyar Thavathiru Sundara Swamigal (TKVTSS) Medical Educational and Charitable Trust, Salem, started Vinayaka Mission's Annapoorana College of Nursing in the year 1991. The college which was the first of its kind in Salem started with an intake of 50 Basic B.Sc (N) students. It was affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai and recognized by the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council. With effect from 2001, it was included in the Vinayaka Mission's Research Foundation, which is at present known as Vinayaka Mission's Research Foundation (Deemed to be University).
The intake of B.Sc (N) students was increased from 50 to 100 during the academic year 2002-2003. M.Sc (N) was also started during the year 2002-2003, with an intake of 24 students per annum in 5 specialties (Medical Surgical Nursing, Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing). In the academic year 2008-2009, the M.Sc (N) seats were increased from 24 to 35. All the programmes are duly recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and the Tamil Nadu Nursing Council.
Vinayaka Mission's Annapoorana College of Nursing proudly stepped into its 25th year of excellence in Nursing and the SILVER JUBILATION of the institution is being held in the current year.
- VMRF DU 13th Convocation Live
- Appeal for Alumni contribution for Covid-19 affected community - reg.
- REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES RELATED TO COVID PANDEMIC
- Let COVID 19 not stop from you learning - ICT Initiatives of MHRD and UGC
- Tamil Nadu CORONA virus (Districtwise) Helpline Numbers
- COVID-19 Toll Free HELP LINE Number
- Application are invited on or before 29.02.2020 for the following VALUE ADDED COURSES – 2019-2020