Indian Nursing Council, NewDelhi
Tamilnadu Nurses & Midwives Council, Chennai
ISO 21001:2018 Certified
WELCOME TO VINAYAKA MISSION'S ANNAPOORANA COLLEGE OF NURSING
The emblem of the Vinayaka Mission’s Annapoorana College of Nursing has three salient images depicted in it : Lord Vinayaka, the cap and the pond and then Lotuses
Lord Vinayaka : Signifies wisdom and divine grace
The Cap : The graduation headgear of the emblem represents the University status of VMRF
The Pond and The Lotuses : the pond of knowledge imparted to both men a and women.
"Service to humanity is service to God”. Nursing service is most essential part of human health. Nurses is a team member of the health care delivery system.The institution has a vision of preparing the nursing students to be able to practice nursing care to the individual in any part of the world and will be able to deliver the services up to the maximum level of proficiency.
- Spirit of dedication and care.
- Develop and prepare the students at the level of international standard under the able guidance of the nursing fraternity.
- Prepare the students with all the advanced scientific skills with evidence based practice in nursing to provide comprehensive care.
- Skill in Communication and Rapport are given top most priority.
- Integration of education for upliftment of the students as nursing professional.
Objectives of the College
- Develop Nursing as a Profession.
- Prepare the nursing students to be able to provide efficient care during illness and wellness as nurse practitioners.
- Develop skills among the nurses as educator, counsellor, manager and administrator through continuing education programmes.
- Uplift the nursing education for global perspective.
- Encourage independent research skill among the nurses in the field of nursing .
Special features of the College
The institution has well established laboratories separately for nutrition, computer, Nursing foundation, Medical surgical nursing, Community health nursing, Maternal and Child health nursing.
It also has well equipped class rooms, seminar hall, and other facilities like library, hospital, hostel and transport for the students.
Quality : We will deliver an outcome-focused, cost-effective educational experience
Integrity : We believe in being open and honest, in keeping our commitments, in taking responsibility for our lives and learning, and in operating in a transparent manner
Social Justice : We believe in the value of human life, the inherent worth of the individual, the right of each individual to the attainment of a high standard of health and will work with communities to achieve these rights.
Unconditional Positive Regard : We believe that each person has a right to be treated with respect regardless of his or her life circumstances or culture
Achieving Potential : We believe that life-long learning, risk taking and advancing our knowledge base leads the way for empowerment
- The Faculty of this college believes that graduate nurses will integrate a sense of values into practice ; apply theories into nursing practice, education and administration.
- The Faculty of this college believes that the graduates will be prepared to appreciate elements that contribute to health and well-being ; and to articulate a personal belief system about human beings, environment, health & nursing
- Faculty believes that our graduate are responsible for lifelong learning, accountability for their practice and participation in interdisciplinary activities The graduate nurses prepared for leadership position in the educational institution, hospital with various specialty area as a consultant, educator, administrator and researcher.
- The faculty believes that graduate Programme encourages accountability and commitment to the learners and to the society.
- The nurse researcher will be able to take research activities and implement those recommendations in nursing service and education.
- The graduate nurses will be able to function as a public health administrator to implement national health Programmes at community level.
Quality Policy: :
I) We, Vinayaka Mission’s Annapoorana College of Nursing, strives to be a premier, provider in Nursing education for Graduates & Post graduates nursing students with the policy through:
- Excellence in Nursing Education
- High Quality of Nursing Care
- Development of Leadership qualities
- Community partnership for Health and Developmental activities
- Promotion of Nursing Research activities
- Provide safe and health working environment
- Focusing on process improvement initiatives through developing employee skills.